Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Update 2 years later...

It's been a long time since I have written on this blog.  Life got so complex that I mostly relied on CaringBridge for updates to our cancer journey.  Things have changed so much.  The short story is that Michael ran out of time in his fight against cancer.  He passed away December 10, 2013.  The last few months were mostly awful for him and for us.  I'm sure some day I will blog more details about that, but for now we are looking forward.  Our new life as a family of 5 is pretty fast paced.  Being the only parent of four daughters is challenging, but still wonderful.  Grieving, helping the kids grieve, working full time, making all the decisions of the household, fixing things, making sure everyone gets up each morning, making sure everyone gets where she is supposed to go, etc.  It's a lot to take on.  Now we are coming up on all of the anniversaries of all the very difficult times that we had last year.  Sometimes I feel like I just want to curl up in a ball until time passes and it's over.  I know that is not an option so I keep moving forward.  I enjoy the good times and try to take deep breaths during the hard times.  We will make it.  We will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment