Wednesday, December 7, 2011


Well, today is what I like to call Chapter 3: The Chemo Fight. In case you are keeping track... Chapter 1: The Diagnosis, Chapter 2: The Surgery.

Here we sit with the chemical cocktail coursing into Michael and letting his body know we aren't going to take this lying down. It's strange, really. We are in this big room with about 32 treatment chairs, about 1/4 of them full (so, how many chairs have people in them, how many are empty? Sorry, it's the math teacher in me) and we are all counting on this liquid drip stuff to save us/our loved ones. Weird. As I look around the room, I see that cancer really doesn't have a "type". It really does affect everyone. Young, old, all ethnicities -- we are all included in this club. As I type, the chairs start to fill. Each person carrying their own hope, grief, sadness, strength, faith. We are all together yet fighting our own battles. What a community we are.

livestrong indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment